Total fire ban in Cardinia Shire - Wednesday 22 January

The bush tracks in Emerald Lake Park and Nobelius Heritage Park are closed today due to the severe Fire Danger Rating. The rest of the parks remain open. For more information on Total Fire Ban restrictions visit the CFA website. >

Report possible illegal building works

A building permit is required for most, but not all, building works. For more information go to the Do I need a building permit? web page.   

We do not issue building permits, but we keep records of them and can advise you whether a building permit has been issued.

If you believe building works are taking place without a building permit when it is required (for example, that a pool does not have the required pool fence), please report the issue to us. We will let you know if a building permit has been issued, or if one is not required for the works. 

If a building permit is required but has not been issued, we can arrange to investigate the matter and let you know of the outcome.


Note that in order for us to process your report and investigate the issue, you will be required to meet with a Council staff member some time between 9.30am and 4pm on a weekday.

Make a report online

Report possible illegal building works online

Download a form

Download a form to report possible illegal building works


Building team
Cardinia Shire Council 
PO Box 7
Pakenham VIC 3810


Call us

Phone 1300 787 624 to report the issue.