Pool and spa survey
You only need to complete this survey if we’ve contacted you
- This survey only needs to be completed by property owners who have been contacted by Council and asked to complete this survey. You do not need to complete the survey if you haven’t been contacted by us.
- By completing the survey, you will help us ensure the records relating to a pool or spa on your property (as listed in the letter we have sent you) are accurate and up to date.
- The survey will take only a few minutes to complete. You’ll find the link to the survey below.
Why we’re conducting this survey
Council is reviewing building permits and other records relating to swimming pools and spas on residential properties to ensure all backyard pools and spas in Cardinia Shire are registered, in accordance with Victorian Government regulations on registering residential pools and spas.
If we contact you to request that you complete this survey, it means our records indicate that there is a swimming pool and/or spa at your property, OR that there may have been in the past.
If you have received a survey, you are required to complete it
In the survey, you’ll be asked to confirm which of the following situation applies:
- There IS a pool or spa at the property address listed in the letter received – if so, you will need to register your pool or spa with Council as soon as possible, and ensure the safety barrier complies with regulations. Infringements may apply for failing to do this.
- There IS NOT a pool or spa at the property address listed in the letter received
- A pool or spa previously at the property address listed has been REMOVED.
In some cases, if you state in the survey that there is no pool or spa or that it has been removed, we may arrange a brief inspection to confirm this.
Please register your backyard pool or spa as soon as possible
If you have a pool or spa on your property, you need to register it with Council ASAP – go to Register your backyard pool or spa to do this.