Apply to build over an easement
- An easement is an area of land or part of a lot registered on your property title that gives Council, or another service authority, access to your property.
- You must apply for approval to build over an easement on your property.
Who can submit the application
We recommend that the application be made by (or in consultation with) the relevant building surveyor.
The application can also be lodged by:
- the builder
- the owner
- or any other properly authorised agent of the owner.
$294.70 (GST not applicable).
You can pay using the online form.
What you need to provide with your application
You will need to include the following when applying:
- A full copy of Title, including an approved plan of subdivision and any applicable restrictions covenants for the property.
- Application brief, outlining in detail the reasons for seeking special consideration. You are encouraged to list every reason why you should be granted consent.
- The 2021-2022 application fee of $294.70 for each application (GST Free).*Note that this fee is an application fee and will no be refunded if the application is not approved.
You will also need to provide prepared plans of the site and works, clearly demonstrating the proposal in terms of its appearance and construction, including:
- Full dimensions
- Plan and side elevation view
- Material details
- Footing type and design details
- Offset from boundaries
- Angle of repose from existing Council assets
- Horizontal and vertical clearance complying with minimum requirements
- If proposal is for site fill or a site cut, plans showing clear measurements of the amount of fill or depth of site cut
Applying and paying online (this is a secure payment) is easier for you, and means we can process your application more quickly.
Post, email or drop your application to us
Download the Apply to build over an easement printable form then post, email or drop your form to us.
Apply to build over easement application
Cardinia Shire Council
You can pay using the online form. If you have posted or emailed your form, you can pay over the phone or in person.
Pay over the phone
Call us on 1300 787 624 to pay with your credit card.
Pay in person
Council’s Customer Service Centre
20 Siding Avenue, Officer.