Privacy, copyright and disclaimer
What information do we collect and why?
We (Council) use or ask for your personal information (such as your name, credit card details, email address or street address) to:
- action your customer service requests or give you information you have asked for. For this purpose, we collect and use your information in accordance with the Local Government Act 1989.
- carry out our law enforcement responsibilities. For this purpose, we collect and use your information in accordance with the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014.
- to provide you with information on services you might be interested in
- to post or email you notices, e-newsletters and updates.
How do we protect your information?
We take all reasonable steps to keep your information secure. Your personal information is held securely and used only for the purposes listed above.
Do we give your information to anyone?
We are committed to safeguarding your privacy and will not disclose any personal information you provide (such as your name, credit card details, email address or street address) to a third party without your consent, unless required by law or to action a customer service request.
We reserve the right to collect and disclose demographic and summarised information about website visitors provided the information does not reveal the identity of any individual visitor.
Liability and personal information
We are not liable for events or consequences arising from unauthorised access to your personal information. Please keep your contact details and passwords confidential. If you provide private information regarding any customer service requests (such as your email address or request number) to a third party, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
If you don't want to complete a Council survey online, you can ask for a copy to be posted to you. To get a hard copy of a survey call our customer service centre on 1300 787 624 or email@example.com
E-newsletters and email mailing lists using MailChimp
We will only use this information to:
- create, send and manage emails relating to the work of the council
- measure email campaign performance
- improve the features for specific segments of customers
- evaluate your use of our website
- compile reports on website activity for website operators, and
- provide other services relating to website activity and internet usage.
The data collected by MailChimp is stored securely on servers located in the United States.
By subscribing to our e-newsletters:
- you understand and acknowledge that this service utilises a MailChimp platform, which is located in the United States of America (USA) and relevant legislation of the USA will apply
- Australian Privacy Principle 8.1 contained in Schedule 1 of the Privacy Act will not apply
- you understand and acknowledge that MailChimp is not subject to the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) but will need to seek redress under the laws of the USA.
To opt out of a Council e-newsletter or mailing list you can:
- choose the ‘unsubscribe’ option provided by MailChimp in every email
- contact us on 1300 787 624 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The entire contents of this website are the property of Cardinia Shire Council. All written content and images are not to be copied or reproduced without our (Council’s) written permission, or unless used in accordance with copyright legislation.
When you access information on this website, you agree it is for personal use only.
The content of this website is for information purposes only.
While every effort is made to keep information on this website up-to-date and accurate, we cannot absolutely guarantee its accuracy.
You should not rely on this website’s information in circumstances where loss, damage or injury is possible. In such circumstances, please contact Council or the relevant authority/organisation for this information or advice.
We reserve the right to make changes to the website and its information without notice.
We and our employees, agents, consultants and representatives are not liable for any loss, damage or injury resulting from any person relying on information obtained by or through this website.
This website includes links to other websites which are not controlled by Council. Therefore, we are not responsible for any information or service which may appear on any third party sites which you might access through this website.