Before you burn off ...

The Fire Danger Period has ended in Cardinia Shire. Before you burn off, please ensure that you meet all the conditions and have registered your burn off beforehand. Click here to follow the steps to ensure a safe and legal burn off >

Apply for Report and Consent for a hoarding (Protection of the Public) permit

You need to apply for a Protection of the Public permit to erect a hoarding over a street alignment or any Council land.

It is likely you will also need to apply for an Occupation of Street permit for the fencing or barricades around the building site.

When your building project relates to protection work on a street or council reserve, the protection work method approved by the Private Building Surveyor is to be reviewed by the Municipal Building Surveyor to ensure that appropriate safety mechanisms have been considered prior to issue of a building permit and prior to the commencement of the building work.  This application often runs in parallel to the ‘Occupation of Street’ application which relates to the hiring of the land.

$304.30 no GST  (2022-2023)


You can apply online or download an application form. 

Apply online     Download an application form

You can post, email or drop your downloadable form to us. 


Building team
Cardinia Shire Council
PO Box 7 
Pakenham VIC 3810 


Visit us 

Cardinia Shire Council
Customer service Centre
20 Siding Avenue, Officer
(View our location in Google Maps)




Contact the Building team on 1300 787 624