If English is not your first language - translating and interpreting services
If you don't speak English or it is not your first language, to read Council information on this website or to talk to us here at Council, you can:
- translate this website
- come into our customer service centre with a Victorian Interpterer Card
- use our new Multilingual Information Line Service (MILS).
Call an interpreter (Multilingual Information Line Service)
- We now have a free over-the-phone interpreting service for our non-English speaking customers.
- If you call the phone number next to any of the languages listed in the table below, you can hear pre-recorded information on a range of Council services in that language and in English. (You can also view the available languages and numbers in the picture below).
- Topics covered include:
- bins and recycling
- kindergarten enrolment and registration
- maternal and child health
- rates and payment options.
- You can also choose to be connected with an interpreter who will contact our friendly customer service staff for a three-way conversation.
|Chin Hakha||9492 8781|
|For all other languages||9492 8790|
Translate this website into your preferred language
Use the links below to translate our website to your preferred language, using Google Translate.
Select your language
If you want to see the website in another language
- Go to Google Translate
- In the text box on the left, type in the URL of the website you want to translate - so the URL for this website is https://www.cardinia.vic.gov.au/ - don't forget the http://
- On the right, choose the language you want to see the website in.
Help improve Google's translations
If you see words on our website that are not translated correctly:
- Move your mouse over the incorrect words
- Click on "Contribute a better translation"
- Click on the incorrectly translated words
- Type in your suggested changes
- Click "Contribute"
- Your changes will be sent to Google.
Visit us - bring a Victorian Interpreter Card
If you don't speak English very well, you can download a Victorian Interpreter Card.
Then come into our customer service centre at 20 Siding Avenue, Officer, show the card and tell our customer service staff which language you speak.
We will either find a staff member who speaks your language or call an interpreting service to help you talk to us.