Apply to build in a flood prone area
- Confirm if your land is considered flood-prone based on our flood-prone area map. If it is, you'll need to apply for consent to build on the land.
- This application can be lodged by the relevant building surveyor, owner, builder, architect, draftsperson or any authorised agent of the owner, however it's recommended that it is made in consultation with the building surveyor.
- If you're unsure whether your land is considered flood-prone, you can request a Property Information Certificate from us.
Fees are non-refundable and valid until 30 June 2021.
- You can pay using the online form.
- If you have posted or emailed your form, you can pay over the phone or in person.
Pay over the phone
Call us on 1300 787 624 to pay with your credit card.
Pay in person
Cardinia Shire Council Customer Service Centre
20 Siding Avenue, Officer.
What you need to provide with your application
Please attach a full set of plans which demonstrate the appearance and construction of the proposal. These should include:
- full dimensions drawn to scale
- plan and elevation view
- a copy of the approved plan of subdivision for the property.
In certain circumstances, we may request that you include finished floor levels to Australian Height Datum (AHD).
You can apply online or download an application form.
Applying and paying online (this is a secure payment) is easier for you, and means we can process your application more quickly.
You can apply online to build in a flood-prone area here.
Download a form
You can also download the land liable to flooding application form then post, email or drop your form to us.
To post the document to us, use the following details:
Land liable to flooding application
Cardinia Shire Council
PO Box 7
Pakenham VIC 3810
To email the form to us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To provide the form to us in-person please visit the Cardinia Shire Council Civic Centre at 20 Siding Avenue, Officer (view in Google Maps).
Complete applications will be processed within 15 business days. (This includes the Melbourne Water processing time of 10 working days).