Apply to build over an easement
- An easement is an area of land or part of a lot registered on your property title that gives Council, or another service authority, access to your property.
- You must apply for approval to build over an easement on your property.
Who can submit the application
We recommend that the application be made by (or in consultation with) the relevant building surveyor.
The application can also be lodged by:
- the builder
- the owner
- or any other properly authorised agent of the owner.
$290.40 (GST not applicable).
You can pay using the online form.
What you need to provide with your application
You will need to include these documents when applying:
- A full copy of Title including approved plan of subdivision and any applicable restrictions covenants for the property.
- Application brief - outline in detail the reasons for seeking special consideration. You are encouraged to list every reason why you should be granted consent.
- The 2019-20 fee of $290.40 for each application (GST free). Note that this fee is an application fee and will not be refunded if the application is not approved.
You will also need to submit 2 sets of properly prepared plans of the site, and clearly demonstrate the proposal in terms of its appearance and construction, including:
- full dimensions
- plan and side elevation view
- material details etc.
- footing type and design details.
Applying and paying online (this is a secure payment) is easier for you, and means we can process your application more quickly.
Post, email or drop your application to us
Download the Apply to build over an easement printable form then post, email or drop your form to us.
Apply to build over easement application
Cardinia Shire Council
You can pay using the online form. If you have posted or emailed your form, you can pay over the phone or in person.
Pay over the phone
Call us on 1300 787 624 to pay with your credit card.
Pay in person
Council’s Customer Service Centre
20 Siding Avenue, Officer.