Report illegally dumped rubbish
- Please report any incidences of rubbish dumping. By doing this, you play a very important role in helping us track down people who dump rubbish, and in helping make Cardinia Shire a cleaner and safer place.
- Don’t touch or remove the rubbish – you may put yourself in danger or remove valuable evidence.
Report dumped rubbish online
Report by phone or email
Alternatively, you can call us to make a report.
During business hours: 1300 787 624
After hours: Call the Environment Protection Authority Victoria 24-Hour hotline on 1300 372 842
Illegal dumping is a growing problem
- Illegal rubbish dumping is on the rise in Cardinia Shire. Between 2016 and 2018, dumping cases increased from an average of 60 to 100 cases per month.
- Dealing with illegally dumped rubbish is very costly for Council. It also negatively impacts our environment, is unsightly and makes people feel less safe.
- Commonly dumped items include furniture, tyres, mattresses, clothes, dirty nappies, food waste, packaging and building materials containing asbestos. Many dumped items are hazardous and can contaminate land or pollute waterways.
- Read more about our trial of CCTV cameras at dumping hotspots
Penalties for illegal dumping
Offenders may be charged under the Environmental Protection Act 1970 and if found guilty, face a maximum penalty of $6342.