Before you burn off ...

The Fire Danger Period has ended in Cardinia Shire. Before you burn off, please ensure that you meet all the conditions and have registered your burn off beforehand. Click here to follow the steps to ensure a safe and legal burn off >

Apply for a permit to conduct fitness and personal training in a public open space

You need this permit to conduct training sessions on Council land, such as parks, reserves, and open spaces.

The permit is required under Local Law 17 (part 16)

  • The permit must be issued before you can start training sessions.
  • Fines may be issued to the operator if business is conducted without this permit.
  • If any activity starts without the permit, Council will assume the assets and land were undamaged before activity started, and operators will be held liable to repair any damages found during an inspection.

Guidelines for fitness and personal training in public open space

  • Relevant qualifications and certificates (for example Certificate III and/or Certificate IV in Fitness, first aid and CPR, a Working with Children’s Check, professional registrations)
  • Proof of public liability insurance (minimum of $20 million)
  • Proof of professional indemnity insurance (minimum $10 million)
  • A risk assessment

Annual fee

  • Up to 5 sessions per week: $350
  • 6 to 10 sessions per week: $550

Contact our Parks Planning team on 1300 787 624