Apply for a permit to conduct fitness and personal training in a public open space
You need this permit to conduct training sessions on Council land, such as parks, reserves, and open spaces.
The permit is required under Local Law 17 (part 16).
You need the permit before starting training sessions
- The permit must be issued before you can start training sessions.
- Fines may be issued to the operator if business is conducted without this permit.
- If any activity starts without the permit, Council will assume the assets and land were undamaged before activity started, and operators will be held liable to repair any damages found during an inspection.
Before you apply – please read the guidelines
What you need to provide with your application
- Relevant qualifications and certificates (for example Certificate III and/or Certificate IV in Fitness, first aid and CPR, a Working with Children’s Check, professional registrations)
- Proof of public liability insurance (minimum of $20 million)
- Proof of professional indemnity insurance (minimum $10 million)
- A risk assessment
- Up to 5 sessions per week: $350
- 6 to 10 sessions per week: $550
Winter season - 1 April to 30 September
- Up to 5 sessions per week: $150 ($75 pro-rata for this winter 2021 season only)
- 6 to 10 sessions per week: $250 ($125 pro-rata for this winter 2021 season only)
Summer season - 1 October to 31 March
- Up to 5 sessions per week: $250
- 6 to 10 sessions per week: $350
Contact our Parks Planning team on 1300 787 624