Unregistered or abandoned vehicles
- Vehicles parked on Council-controlled land, including roads and parks, must be registered.
- Vehicles are considered abandoned if they haven’t been moved in more than 2 months.
- Please report abandoned or unregistered vehicles to us.
Report an unregistered or abandoned vehicle
- Check if the vehicle is unregistered or stolen on the VicRoads website. You’ll need the vehicle's registration number from the number plates.
- If the vehicle has no number plates or your VicRoads search shows that the registration is expired/cancelled, please report it to us online or call 1300 787 624.
- Once you report it, we’ll investigate.
- If the vehicle is found to be unregistered or abandoned, we will take appropriate action, which may include impounding the vehicle.
- Abandoned vehicles that have been impounded are securely stored at a Council facility. If the vehicle isn’t claimed within 14 days and release fees paid, Council may dispose of it.