Renew your health registration for a food, beauty or accommodation business
- The easiest way to annually renew and pay the health registration for your food, beauty or accommodation business is by using our online e-heath portal. The payment provides secure payment with a credit card (Visa or Mastercard).
- You can only use e-health to renew your existing registration. To register for the first time, visit register a food business or register a health or beauty business
- Registration is required under the Food Act 1984 and Public Health and Wellbeing Act 2008.
- You need to renew your registration by 31 December each year to operate your business from 1 January. We will email you before this date to remind you.
Renew and pay your registration using e-health
- We’ll send you an email when it’s time to renew your registration each year. If you haven’t received the email by the end of November (remember to check your junk or spam folders) please contact us on 1300 787 624.
- The email will include a link to e-health. Log in using the email address linked to your registration, and your password.
- If you are coming into your first renewal period, you will also receive a second email with a login and password. You’ll then be prompted to change the password.
Tips for using e-health
- If you're using a mobile device, e-health does not work well in the Safari browser. We recommend using another browser, such as Google Chrome or Firefox.
- Unfortunately you cannot save your application and complete it later. You must complete all steps in one go, including whether you choose to pay online.
- You may find it useful to watch this demonstration video on how to use e-health
Other ways to renew and pay
Apply using e-health but pay in person/over the phone/via Bpay
- Go to e-health, log in and complete the application up to the ‘Payment option’ page.
- At the ‘Payment option’ page, click the ‘Over the counter/Over the phone/BPay’ button to get information on how to pay using these methods.
Request a hard copy form and pay over the phone or in person
- If you do not have an email address or prefer not to complete any part of your registration renewal online, you can contact our Environmental Health team on 1300 787 624 or email@example.com to request a paper version of the renewal notice/invoice.
- Please note that it is much quicker to apply online, and if you use this method it may take us a little longer to issue your registration renewal certificate.
Pay over the phone: Call 1300 787 624 during business hours (8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Friday).
Pay in person: At our customer service centre, 20 Siding Avenue, Officer.
Once your application is approved, a new registration certificate will be emailed to the email address linked to your registration.
What happens if I don’t renew my registration by 31 December?
- Your business cannot trade after 1 January the following calendar year until you have renewed and paid for your registration and we have approved it.
- If you continue to trade without being registered, you may be fined.
Use e-health to update your information
You can also use e-health to update your personal or business information, except for a change of proprietors – to do this, you’ll need to apply to transfer an existing food business registration.