Apply for a footpath occupancy permit

As a business operator, you need a footpath occupancy permit to: 

  •  have an outdoor dining area on or near the footpath
  • display goods on the footpath
  • use an A-frame display sign on the footpath.

This is to ensure that people can access the footpath safely and easily.



Before you apply for this permit, read the Footpath Trading Code.

View the Footpath trading code