Coronavirus (COVID-19) information

About changes to Council services (including our customer centre being closed), government assistance available, and our Coronavirus Online Help Hub. Find out more >

Apply for a permit to place a shipping container

You need to apply for a permit to temporarily place a shipping container on either a residential property or public land.

Any shipping container on private land MUST be entirely stored on residential (private) property and not obstructing a footpath, nature strip and/or public land.

  • A Certificate of Currency of Public Liability (minimum coverage $20 million).
  • A location sketch and photo showing where the container will be stored on the property.

The fee is an application fee and will not be refundable if the application is not approved.