Coronavirus (COVID-19) update: Changes to our customer service centre
To reduce the risk to our community and staff, Council’s customer service centre at 20 Siding Avenue, Officer is closed until further notice.
However, you can still transact with Council using your preferred method below.
Use our online services
Call our customer service team
1300 787 624
Open 8.30am to 5pm for over-the-phone enquiries and payments.
You can still download and print application forms from this website, and send letters and other documents by post:
Cardinia Shire Council
PO BOX 7
Pakenham VIC 3810
You can make payments to us by:
using the online forms and apps on this website
debit/credit card over the phone.
Changes to services
Disability parking permits
Please download an application form and post it to us.
Sharps disposal service suspended
- If you need a new sharps disposal container, call us on 1300 787 624.
- The new container will be delivered to you within 1 week. Please note we will not be collecting full containers. For disposal options for full containers visit Find a Pharmacy - Needle and Syringe
Cat trap hire and Indian Myna trap sales suspended
- Cat traps will not be available for hire until further notice.
- Indian Myna traps will not be available for sale until further notice.
- Please call us on 1300 787 624 if you have an animal to be collected or a trap that needs to be returned.
Providing good customer service to you
We want to ensure your experience with us is as positive and efficient as possible. It is important that you can do business with us and get the information you need quickly and easily.
Our customer charter sets out the minimum standards that you can expect from us, including what to do if you are not happy with our service.
Lodging a formal complaint about our customer service
If you are unhappy with a decision, level or quality of service, or behaviour of an employee or agent, this can be investigated and acted upon where no right of appeal or review is available under any other legislation.
If you have made a formal complaint, we will:
- acknowledge the complaint within 3 working days
- investigate it and provide the name of the officer conducting the investigation
- provide a timeframe in which a response will be given to you.
The following are not considered complaints under this process:
- A request for works or services (such as reports of damaged or faulty infrastructure), unless it is a second request and there was no response to the first request or where the response or quality of works were unsatisfactory.
- A complaint about an event, service or business for which we are not responsible.
- Disagreement with our policy or a lawfully made decision.
- The lodging of an appeal or objection.
- Reports about neighbours, noise, dogs, unauthorised building work or similar issues.
- Trivial, frivolous or vexatious complaints which will not be investigated.
Community Satisfaction Survey
Every year residents in each local government area in Victoria are randomly selected to take part in a community satisfaction survey which asks for feedback on the services their local council delivers. The survey is conducted over the phone by JWS Research for the Victorian Government.
The survey includes compulsory measures that provide a base comparison across councils and are included in the annual report.
We use the survey results to better understand the community's needs and wants and to inform the Council Plan.
2020 Community Satisfaction Survey
- From 10 February 2020, for a period of up to 3 weeks, your household may receive a call from independent market research agency National Field Services. They have been commissioned to conduct a community satisfaction survey on behalf of Cardinia Shire Council. Similar surveys will be undertaken across Victorian councils in the coming months.
- About 400 residents from a representative sample will be surveyed.
- The survey has been designed to assess Cardinia Shire Council's performance across a range of measures, to help identify ways to improve service delivery to residents.
- Your details and individual responses are confidential. Only the overall results are shared with Cardinia Shire Council.
- We appreciate you assisting us by providing your feedback.
Results from recent surveys