Our customer service centre
Our customer service centre is located on the ground floor of our civic centre at 20 Siding Avenue, Officer. We can also be contacted by phone or email.
Providing good customer service to you
We want to ensure your experience with us is as positive and efficient as possible. It is important that you can do business with us and get the information you need quickly and easily.
Our customer charter sets out the minimum standards that you can expect from us, including what to do if you are not happy with our service.
Lodging a formal complaint about our customer service
If you are unhappy with a decision, level or quality of service, or behaviour of an employee or agent, this can be investigated and acted upon where no right of appeal or review is available under any other legislation.
If you have made a formal complaint, we will:
- acknowledge the complaint within 3 working days
- investigate it and provide the name of the officer conducting the investigation
- provide a timeframe in which a response will be given to you.
The following are not considered complaints under this process:
- A request for works or services (such as reports of damaged or faulty infrastructure), unless it is a second request and there was no response to the first request or where the response or quality of works were unsatisfactory.
- A complaint about an event, service or business for which we are not responsible.
- Disagreement with our policy or a lawfully made decision.
- The lodging of an appeal or objection.
- Reports about neighbours, noise, dogs, unauthorised building work or similar issues.
- Trivial, frivolous or vexatious complaints which will not be investigated.
Community Satisfaction Survey
Every year residents in each local government area in Victoria are randomly selected to take part in a community satisfaction survey which asks for feedback on the services their local council delivers. The survey is conducted over the phone by JWS Research for the Victorian Government.
The survey includes compulsory measures that provide a base comparison across councils and are included in the annual report.
We use the survey results to better understand the community's needs and wants and to inform the Council Plan.