Becoming a citizen
All applications for Australian citizenship must be made through the Department of Home Affairs Residents who have had their applications approved will be invited to attend a citizenship ceremony.
Upcoming dates for 2022
Important: Proof of double vaccination is a requirement of entry for everyone over the age of 16. If proof cannot be provided, you will not be allowed to enter the venue for the ceremony.
All ceremonies are held at Cardinia Cultural Centre, 40 Lakeside Blvd Pakenham.
- Saturday 12 November, 10am and 12.30pm
Citizenship ceremony invitations
- Once your application has been approved you will be invited to attend a citizenship ceremony.
- Invitations are generally sent 3 weeks prior to the ceremony by the Department of Home Affairs. Ceremonies are held at the Cardinia Cultural Centre, Lakeside Boulevard, Pakenham, starting at 7pm.
- Please arrive 30 minutes earlier for registration.
- If you are unable to attend, an invitation will be sent for the following ceremony. Families and friends are encouraged to come along.
What to bring to your ceremony
- Photo ID (like driver's licence, learner's permit or passport). If you do not have photo ID, you can not take part in the ceremony.
- Your invitation letter from the Department of Home Affairs
If you wish to make your oath on a book that relates to your religious beliefs, please bring that book to the ceremony.