Our budget and Council Plan
- The Council Plan sets out a medium to long-term vision for how we will respond to community needs and the opportunities and challenges facing Cardinia Shire.
- Each year, we develop a budget that works towards meeting the actions as outlined in the Council Plan for that year.
- Council has adopted its 2022–26 budget following community consultation in early 2022.
- Council's budget for 2022–26 was adopted at the Council meeting on Monday 27 June 2022.
- This budget has been shaped by your feedback during 2 rounds of community consultation throughout 2021 and 2022, as well as our biggest-ever community consultation in 2020–21, Imagine Cardinia. The proposed budget was available for viewing and comment for 4 weeks in April–May 2022 on Creating Cardinia.
- It is driven by the priorities outlined in 4 strategic documents: Council Plan 2021–25, Council Budget 2022–26, Revenue and Rating Plan 2021–25, and Financial Plan 2021–31.
Revenue and Rating Plan 2021–2025
Council's revenue and rating plan for 2021–25 was adopted at the Council meeting on Monday 21 June 2021.
Financial Plan 2021–2031
Council's financial plan for 2021–31 was adopted at the Council meeting on Monday 21 June 2021.
Council Plan 2021–25 and Community Vision 2040
- The new Council Plan was adopted at the Council meeting on Monday 21 June 2021.
- The Council Plan is an exciting 4-year strategy that sets the agenda for this council term. It will guide our response to long-term challenges and opportunities.
- Input and contributions from the community via the 'Imagine Cardinia' community engagement process helped shape the community vision, which in turn guided the Council Plan's development. We received more than 1600 contributions during the consultation period. Thank you to everyone who took part!
View the Council Plan 2021–25 and Community Vision 2040