Representation and subdivision review of Cardinia Shire Council (by the Victorian Electoral Commission)
- The Victorian Electoral Commission (VEC) is doing a representation review of Cardinia Shire Council.
- The VEC invites you to have a say on how well your community is being represented by Council.
- The first round of submissions close on Wednesday 4 December 2019, 5pm.
- For detailed information on Cardinia Shire Council’s current electoral structure, the representation review, public consultation and key dates visit the VEC website
Come to this information session if you are interested in having a say, or want to know more about the review.
Thursday 7 November, 2019
Cardinia Shire Council Civic Centre
20 Siding Avenue, Officer
What is a representation review?
It looks at the electoral structure of a local council, including:
- if the council has the right number of councillors per voter
- if the council should be one large area (unsubdivided) or made up of wards (subdivided)
- if subdivided, how many wards, what ward boundaries and how many councillors each ward should have.
How to have your say
For information on making a submission visit the VEC website