Apply for a footpath occupancy permit
When you need this permit
As a business operator, you need a footpath occupancy permit to:
- put an A-frame display sign on the footpath
- have tables and chairs as part of an outdoor dining area on or near the footpath
- display goods on the footpath
- display windbreakers
- display bali flags
This is to ensure that people can access the footpath safely and easily.
Rules on footpath trading
Before you apply for this permit, read the Footpath Trading Code.
Assistance during COVID-19 restrictions
- To help small businesses during the COVID-19 pandemic, we are offering a 12 month (100%) refund on street trading permit fees, where outdoor dining is no longer allowed due to COVID-19 regulations.
- If you've already applied for the 25% rebate, you don't need to apply again. We will automatically process this for you.
Annual fees - pro rata (no GST applies)
- Tables: $27.15 per table
- Chairs: $17.45 per chair
- A-frames: $86.10 per sign
- Display of goods: $86.10 per item
- Windbreaker screen: $26.50 per screen
- Bali flags: $86.10 per flag