About Local Law 17
View Local Law 17
Local Law 17 is the Environment, Amenity and Asset Protection Local Law and came into effect on 15 June 2015, replacing Local Law 9 and 10.
The intention of the law
The intention of the Local Law is to:
- provide for the peace order and good government of Cardinia Shire Council
- promote a physical and social environment in the municipal district free from hazards to health and safety and to prevent and suppress nuisances which may adversely affect persons
- prohibit, regulate and control activities which may be dangerous or unsafe or detrimental to the quality of life, the environment and the amenity of the municipality
- prohibit, regulate and control access to and behavior in municipal places, buildings, recreation centres and reserves and to protect public assets vested in Council
- define the standards to which persons engaged in building work should adhere, which aims to minimise the impact of building activities in respect of hazards to health and safety, the presence and disposal of builders refuse, rubbish and soil, stormwater and other pollution; and
- provide for the consistent application and enforcement of this Local Law.