COVID-19 information

The COVID-19 Online Help Hub has information on restrictions in Victoria, changes to Council services and facilities, government assistance available, COVID-19 health information and more. Visit the hub >

Apply for a permit to place a shipping container

You need to apply for a permit to temporarily place a shipping container on either a residential property or public land.

Any shipping container on private land MUST be entirely stored on residential (private) property and not obstructing a footpath, nature strip and/or public land.

  • A location sketch and photo showing where the container will be stored on the property.
  • A Certificate of Currency of Public Liability (minimum coverage $20 million) - required for placement on public land only. 

The fee is an application fee and will not be refundable if the application is not approved.