Express interest in joining Cardinia Shire’s Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committee (MEMPC)
Council is seeking expressions of interest from residents who would like to join Cardinia Shire’s Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committee (MEMPC).
Applications close on Friday 28 May 2021. To apply, please submit the form on this page.
What the Municipal Emergency Management Planning Committee (MEMPC) does
- The MEMPC is the peak planning body for emergency management in Cardinia Shire.
- It’s an official committee of Emergency Management Victoria.
- It’s the forum for government and non-government agencies to develop policies, procedures, strategies and frameworks to support coordinated emergency management planning for the municipality.
- The MEMPC works to help our community prepare, respond and recover from emergencies.
All MEMPCs must have a community representative on the committee, as per the Emergency Management Act 2013.
About MEMPC meetings
- The MEMPC meets quarterly in March, June, September and December.
- The meetings generally take about 2 hours, and are usually held at Council’s Civic Centre, 20 Siding Avenue, Officer.
- The MEMPC chair may schedule additional meetings and/or change the venue as required.
Skills and experience for the role
Skills and experience in the following areas will be valued highly:
- Emergency management (planning, response, relief and recovery)
- Community development/engagement
- Risk management
- Knowledge of Cardinia Shire
People from all backgrounds across the shire are invited to apply.
Register your interest
Applications close Friday 28 May 2021.
To register your interest in being a member of the MEMPC please complete this form and email or post it to us.
Emergency Management Team
Cardinia Shire Council
PO Box 7
Pakenham VIC 3810
The information you provide will only be used for the purposes of this expression of interest (unless otherwise specified by you).
More info: Privacy information
How applications will be assessed
Applications will be assessed by a panel of current MEMPC members who will select the committee.