Wellbeing Support Grants Program
Applications for the 2023-2024 grant round have now closed. The next grant round will open for applications early 2024.
About the Wellbeing and Support Grants Program
The Wellbeing and Support Grants Program helps to establish new organisations, projects and services.
It funds initiatives that:
- improve residents' health and wellbeing
- support opportunities for volunteering
- build the capacity of community groups, projects and programs to be sustainable.
There are 3 categories of funding:
Seeding grants (up to $5,000)
These grants can be used to support establishment costs of a new organisation, group, club, project, program or service.
- promotional material to advertise a new program or group
- incorporation fees
- design costs for a newsletter or website
- purchase of small items of equipment.
Where insurance costs are requested in the set-up of an organisation, Council will commit to funding this cost for the first year only.
Other ongoing costs must be evidenced to be sustained without further Council support beyond the first year of its life.
Volunteering grants (up to $3,000)
These grants can be used to undertake a range of initiatives that will grow and develop volunteering within Cardinia Shire.
- establishing volunteering programs
- training and developing volunteers, where not mandated by regulation, nor within the scope of training that is provided by the organisation*
- promotion of volunteering opportunities.
*Applications cannot include requests for support for training already subsidised by Council.
Small change grants (up to $1,000)
These grants can be used to assist with a range of ad hoc costs that cannot be met through other funding sources.
- purchase of small items of equipment
- website redevelopment
- short term projects
- Christmas decorations.
Operating costs associated with the day-to-day running of an organisation/group will not be funded through small change grants. If the organisation/group cannot continue without the item/program/service then it is considered an operating cost.
What won't be funded
- Activities which are a primary or core service and/or responsibility of Council or State or Federal governments
- Initiatives from an individual rather than a group
- Private, profit-making organisations
- Political organisations
- Capital works projects (as defined in Council’s Community Capital Works Grants Policy)
- Public space/township beautification projects
- Replacement of existing equipment and/or furnishings at community and recreational facilities
- Maintenance of community or recreational facilities
- Operating costs
- Existing salaries
Is my group eligible?
To be eligible for this grants program, groups and organisations must be:
- not-for-profit; and
- locally based and/or servicing Cardinia Shire residents;
- a Community Asset Committee of Council; or
- incorporated (or be auspiced by an incorporated organisation – please note, Community Asset Committees cannot take on the function of an auspice).
If a licence, lease or funding agreement exists between Council and the community organisation, then the agreements need to be signed and current in order for applications to be considered.
Community groups with incomplete or outstanding projects are not eligible to apply for further projects and applications will not be considered.
Projects funded in 2023-24
Turningpoint Support Centre
Older Adults Community Project
Garfield Playgroup supporting happy, healthy and safe play for our community.
Have Hope; Inc.
Have Hope; Inc. establishment project
Hillview Bunyip Aged Care Inc
Women Who Make Things – Women’s Shed
CPAC Musical Theatre
Kick Start the Arts
Pakenham & District Toy Library Inc.
Toy “Click and Collect” digital infrastructure
Outlook Community Centre
Daily Life Skills Development for People with a Disability (Diagnosed or Undiagnosed)
Living Learning Pakenham Inc
Women on the Tools
Sikh Australian Support for Family Violence
Men's Space Project
SEHCP Incorporated (trading as enliven Victoria)
Grow Food - Food from Home
Cardinia Art Society Incorporated
‘So You Want to be an Artist’
Volunteer Support Grants
Kooweerup Regional Health Service
Recruitment drive for volunteering
Pakenham State Emergency Service
Pakenham SES training Dummy
Palliative Care South East Ltd
Strengthening Volunteer Support in Cardinia
The Community Grocer
Building a volunteer network at The Community Grocer Pakenham
Follow Bless Collective
2023 FBC Volunteer Support Program
Cardinia Environment Coalition
Wild Grasses of Victoria training
Small Change Grants