Information and support for carers
Carers often put the needs of the person they care for ahead of their own. This is natural, but it’s very important to look after yourself too.
There are a range of local services, groups and events to support you in this journey.
Services for carers
- Alfred Health Carer Services is an advisory and support service for unpaid carers located in the south metropolitan region of Melbourne. More info: Alfred Health Carer Services - Explore Alfred Health Carer Services events here or call the events line directly on 03 9076 6644
- Carers Victoria - state-wide voice for family carers, representing and providing support to carers in Victoria. Their website includes details of local carer support groups, resources and events. More info: Carers Victoria
- Carer Gateway - practical advice and resources for carers with a wide range of help from counselling, peer support to respite care. More info: Carer Gateway or call on 1800 422 737
- VMCH provide a support program for carers. More info: VMCH Support for carers
- Companion Cards - Companion Cards allow a person’s carer free entry into participating venues and events. More info: Home | Companion Card
- Carer allowance - A supplementary payment if you care for someone who needs daily support. More info: Carer Allowance - Services Australia
Carers group at Outlook Community Centre
Outlook Community Centre Carers Group is a great opportunity for carers to get together and have some much-needed time out. The group offers Carers of people with a disability, mental illness or elderly people a chance to get together to have a cuppa and chat and learn more about news, services and supports available to them.
The group meets on the first Thursday of the month at Outlook Community Centre 10am to 12pm. Refreshments provided. No cost.
Outlook Community Centre Location:
24 Toomuc Valley Road
Pakenham, VIC 3810
Upcoming date in 2024
- 1 February
- 7 March
- 4 April
- 2 May
- 6 June
- 4 July
- 1 August
- 5 September
- 3 October
- 7 November
- 5 December