Apply for a beautification grant
Applications for the 2022-23 grants round have closed.
About this program
- Individuals and community groups can apply for funds for landscape enhancement projects.
- All projects will be funded on a matched funding basis: $1 from Council and $1 from the applicant, to a maximum grant of $2,000 (including GST). You can match the amount requested with the cost of labour used for preparing the site, planting and ongoing maintenance.
- The grant covers the purchase of plant material, stakes, tree guards and mulch. Other landscaping materials such as street and park furniture are a lower priority.
- When the project is complete, grant recipients need to submit a project completion form, receipts for the materials used, and photos of the project.
What we will fund
Priority is given to projects that:
- are driven and/or supported by local community groups
- are located on Cardinia Shire Council owned or managed land
- are in areas used frequently by the community, including town centers, Council buildings (halls, community centers etc.) parks and reserves.
- will enhance and green public open space, improving the overall amenity of the area
- can be completed within the allocated timeframe
- align with priorities identified in township strategies, landscape master plans and other Council strategic documents.
What we will not fund
We will not fund grants for projects requiring a vegetation removal permit or where funds may be obtained from other sources.
Land not managed by Council
If the project is going to take place on land that we do not manage, you must get permission from the relevant land manager, for example VicRoads, VicTrack or the Crown Land Department.
To apply visit the SmartyGrants website. You will need to register an account with SmartyGrants to apply.
Contact our Parks Planning team on 1300 787 624 or at firstname.lastname@example.org