Hire the community bus
Coronavirus (COVID-19) update - Community bus not available
The community bus will not be available for bookings until further notice.
- We have a community bus that community groups in Cardinia Shire can hire.
- The Toyota Hi-Ace has 11 seats (including driver) and has a wheelchair hoist for 1 wheelchair. It is an automatic and uses Diesel fuel.
- Contact us to make a booking request.
Is my group eligible to use the bus?
You are eligible if your community group/organisation is:
- based in Cardinia Shire
- able to demonstrate you are providing services which directly and significantly benefit the whole community or a specific target group in Cardinia Shire.
- Priority is given to those who are disadvantaged geographically, physically, socially or economically.
- The bus is not to be used for private, commercial or profit-making purposes.
- We reserve the right to refuse a eject any booking.
- $8 per hour (including GST) - extra charge of 60 cents per kilometre for any journey over 400 kilometres.
What you need to provide with your booking request
- A valid copy of the nominated bus driver's licence.
- Transport Safety Victoria's certification or evidence that registration has been applied for.
- Copy of public liability insurance.
Make a booking request
- your community organisation’s name
- name of contact person
- contact person’s phone number and email address
- dates/times you want to book the bus.
We will get back to you to confirm availability and provide you with the forms to complete to finalise the booking.