CCTV cameras in Bourke Park, Pakenham
About this project
11 CCTV cameras have been installed in Bourke Park, Pakenham to provide blanket coverage of the space. The cameras are fully operational with footage streaming live to Pakenham Police Station.
Along with landscape beautification, this is another one of our crime prevention strategies to reduce and anti-social behaviour in our shire.
The Bourke Park CCTV Project was funded by the Victorian Government's Community Crime Prevention Program.
Footage is streamed to Pakenham Police Station, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and stored for at least 31 days.
Recorded material will only be accessed:
- by Victoria Police in the course of an investigation of a crime
- if necessary for the purpose of legal proceedings
- when required by a duly authorised subpoena
- as otherwise required or permitted by law
- in accordance with the Freedom of Information Act 1982
CCTV code of practice
The Bourke Park CCTV project is governed by strict protocols and procedures to ensure integrity and accountability.
Any enquiries or comments about the Bourke Park CCTV system can be made in writing by:
Cardinia Shire Council
PO Box 7
Pakenham VIC 3810