Community Wellbeing and Support Grants Program
Open and closing dates for applications
- The 2022-2023 grant round has now closed.
- The 2023-2024 grant round will open in January 2023
About the Community Wellbeing and Support Grants Program
The Community Wellbeing and Support Grants Program helps to establish new organisations, projects and services.
It funds initiatives that:
- improve residents' health and wellbeing
- support opportunities for volunteering
- build the capacity of community groups, projects and programs to be sustainable.
There are 3 categories of funding:
Seeding grants (up to $5,000)
These grants can be used to support establishment costs of a new organisation, group, club, project, program or service.
- promotional material to advertise a new program or group
- incorporation fees
- design costs for a newsletter or website
- purchase of small items of equipment.
Where insurance costs are requested in the set-up of an organisation, Council will commit to funding this cost for the first year only.
Other ongoing costs must be evidenced to be sustained without further Council support beyond the first year of its life.
Volunteering grants (up to $3,000)
These grants can be used to undertake a range of initiatives that will grow and develop volunteering within Cardinia Shire.
- establishing volunteering programs
- training and developing volunteers, where not mandated by regulation, nor within the scope of training that is provided by the organisation*
- promotion of volunteering opportunities.
*Applications cannot include requests for support for training already subsidised by Council.
Small change grants (up to $1,000)
These grants can be used to assist with a range of ad hoc costs that cannot be met through other funding sources.
- purchase of small items of equipment
- website redevelopment
- short term projects
- Christmas decorations.
Operating costs associated with the day-to-day running of an organisation/group will not be funded through small change grants. If the organisation/group cannot continue without the item/program/service then it is considered an operating cost.
What won't be funded
- Activities which are a primary or core service and/or responsibility of Council or State or Federal governments
- Initiatives from an individual rather than a group
- Private, profit-making organisations
- Political organisations
- Capital works projects (as defined in Council’s Community Capital Works Grants Policy)
- Public space/township beautification projects
- Replacement of existing equipment and/or furnishings at community and recreational facilities
- Maintenance of community or recreational facilities
- Operating costs
- Existing salaries
Is my group eligible?
To be eligible for this grants program, groups and organisations must be:
- not-for-profit; and
- locally based and/or servicing Cardinia Shire residents;
- a Community Asset Committee of Council; or
- incorporated (or be auspiced by an incorporated organisation – please note, Community Asset Committees cannot take on the function of an auspice).
If a licence, lease or funding agreement exists between Council and the community organisation, then the agreements need to be signed and current in order for applications to be considered.
Community groups with incomplete or outstanding projects are not eligible to apply for further projects and applications will not be considered.
Projects funded in 2022-23
Living Learning Pakenham Inc
Living Learning Belonging - Playgroup for Multicultural Families
The Lime Box Cafe & Food Hub
Lime Box Technology and Online Learning for Students
Pages for Wisdom
Waitlist Management for Mental Health Services
Outlook Community Centre
The Road to Recovery
ECHO Youth and Family Services
Eastern Dandenong Ranges Post-COVID Community Engagement Project
Puffing Billy Toy Library
Puffing Billy Toy Library- Click and Collect All-Ability Service
Volunteer Support Grants
Lakeside Playgroup Volunteers - Baby & Child First Aid training
Mountain District Radio Inc 3MDR
3MDR Still On The Air
Pakenham Football Club
U3A Cardinia District Incorporated
U3A Cardinia. A place to be
Hills She Shed
Hills She Shed volunteer improvement project
Small Change Grants
Probus Club Pakenham inc
Bunyip Football Club Inc
Changeroom Power Brush
Eastern Dandenong Ranges Association
MacBook Air for EDRA Secretary
Emerald Men's Shed Inc
Ladies Probus Club Emerald
Ladies Probus Club Emerald - Newsletter project
Health and Safety and Volunteer support
MFC Hotshots Inc
Koo Wee Rup MFC Hotshots Uniform Project
Living & Learning Pakenham Inc
Cardinia Environment Coalition
Cardinia Environment Coalition Volunteers Program
U3A Emerald Table Tennis
Ladies of the Swamp
Ladies of the Swamp Charity Quilting Group
Follow Bless Collective
Food Van Volunteer Program
Melbourne Youth Chorale
MYC - Greater Reach through Brand Awareness
Cardinia Men's Shed
Improved wood dust and shaving extraction
RDA Pakenham Tools project
Cardinia Civic Concert Band
Upgrades - sound equipment
Pakenham Womens Friendship Café
Pakenham Womens Friendship Cafe – catering
Pakenham Purls: Knit and Crochet for Well-Being
Friends of Kurth Kiln
Friends of Kurth Kiln website update
Australian Plant Society Wilsons Park Berwick
Australian Plant Society Wilsons Park Website Creation