Hire the community bus
- We have a community bus that community groups coming out or coming out of Cardinia Shire can hire.
- The Toyota Hi-Ace has 11 seats (including driver) and has a wheelchair hoist for 1 wheelchair. It is an automatic transmission and uses Diesel fuel.
- Contact us to make a booking request.
Is my group eligible to use the bus?
You are eligible if your community group/organisation is:
- based in Cardinia Shire
- able to demonstrate you are providing services which directly and significantly benefit the whole community or a specific target group in Cardinia Shire.
Other hire conditions include:
- priority given to hirers with accessible needs, geographically, socially or economically disadvantaged
- no use for private, commercial or profit-making purposes
- Council reserve the right to refuse a booking.
- $9.00 per hour (including GST) - extra charge of 60 cents per kilometre for any journey over 400 kilometres.
What you need to provide with your booking request
- valid copy of the nominated driver's licence
- Transport Safety Victoria's certification or evidence that registration has been applied for (if required)
- copy of public liability insurance (minimum $20 million)
Make a booking request
- your community organisation’s name
- name of contact person
- contact person’s phone number and email address
- dates/times you want to book the bus.
We will get back to you to confirm availability and provide you with the forms to complete to finalise the booking.