Apply for a community wellbeing support grant
The next grants round
Applications for the next grants round open on Monday 4 March and close Thursday 18 April 2019.
About this grants program
The Community Wellbeing and Support Grants Program helps to establish new organisations, projects and services. It funds initiatives that:
- improve resident health and wellbeing
- support opportunities for volunteering
- build the capacity of community groups, projects and programs to be sustainable.
There are 3 categories of funding:
1. Seeding grants (up to $5,000)
To support setting up new organisations, groups, clubs, projects, programs or services.
You must show that ongoing costs, such as venue hire, insurance or activity costs can be sustained without further Council support beyond the first year.
2. Volunteering grants (up to $3,000)
To grow and develop volunteering in Cardinia Shire.
- establishing volunteering programs
- training and development of volunteers, where not mandated by regulation, nor within the scope of training that is provided by the organisation*
- promotion of volunteering opportunities.
3. Miscellaneous grants (up to $2,000)
To help with a range of minor operational and equipment costs that cannot be met through other funding sources. Applications for Christmas decorations will be considered under this category.
Funding will not be allocated to support the running of events.
All applications must be not-for-profit, locally based and/or servicing Cardinia Shire residents, and are either a Section 86 Committee of Council or an incorporated association (or auspiced by an incorporated organisation).
They must also
- demonstrate a benefit to the health and wellbeing of Cardinia Shire residents and align with Cardinia’s Liveability Plan
- support equitable access and inclusion
- address an unmet need (and provide evidence of this need)
- clearly identify beneficiaries
- clearly state objectives with measurable outcomes; and
- address how the application fits within the scope of the grant category.
If a licence, lease or funding agreement exists between Council and the community organisation, then the agreements need to be signed and current in order for applications to be considered.
Community groups with incomplete or outstanding projects are not eligible to apply for further projects and applications will not be considered.
Multiple applications may be considered if this grants program is undersubscribed in any given year, however all applications must meet the funding criteria and be assessed as eligible.
What we will not fund:
· activities which are a primary or core service and/or responsibility of Council or State or Federal governments
· private, profit-making organisations
· political organisations
· capital works projects (as defined in Council’s Community Capital Works Grants Policy)
· public space/township beautification projects
· replacement of existing equipment and/or furnishings at community and recreational facilities
· maintenance of community or recreational facilities.
Quotes and evidence
Applicants must provide evidence of the grant amount requested. This includes copies of quotes or evidence of cost justifications for the grant application.
Application and assessment process
- Applications will be assessed by a multidisciplinary panel of Council staff.
- Applications must align with key priorities of the Liveability Plan.
- Applications that do not provide sufficient documentation (copies of quotes or cost justifications) will not be considered. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- All successful applications will be presented at Council, and successful applicants notified via email shortly afterwards.
Funding acknowledgment required
All grants recipients must:
- acknowledge Council as a funding provider in any promotion or publication relating to the project or initiative
- provide an evaluation and acquittal within 2 months of the project being completed.
To apply for this grant go to the Cardinia Smarty Grants website
If you wish to query a grants assessment please send a written request for clarification by post or email:
Community Strengthening Unit
Cardinia Shire Council
PO Box 7
Pakenham VIC 3810
All requests will receive due consideration and a written response will be sent.