Community wellbeing support grants
About this grants program
The Community Wellbeing and Support Grants Program helps to etablish new organisations, projects and services. It funds initiatives that:
- improve resident health and wellbeing
- support opportunities for volunteering
- build the capacity of community groups, projects and programs to be sustainable.
Grants round opens 1 March
Applications for this grants round open on Thursday 1 March and close on Tuesday 27 March 2018.
Groups planning to apply are invited to this session to learn about the grant application process and discuss their future grant requirements:
Date: Tuesday 27 February 2018
Location: Cardinia Shire Council Civic Centre,
20 Siding Avenue, Officer
Time: 1pm to 3.30pm
There are 3 categories of funding:
1. Seeding grants (up to $5,000)
To support setting up new organisations, groups, clubs, projects, programs or services.
You must show that ongoing costs, such as venue hire, insurance or activity costs can be sustained without further Council support beyond the first year.
2. Volunteering grants (up to $3,000)
To grow and develop volunteering in Cardinia Shire.
- establishing volunteering programs
- training and development of volunteers, where not mandated by regulation, nor within the scope of training that is provided by the organisation*
- promotion of volunteering opportunities.
3. Miscellaneous grants (up to $2,000)
To help with a range of minor operational and equipment costs that cannot be met through other funding sources.
Funding will not be allocated to support the running of events.
All applications must:
- demonstrate a benefit to the health and wellbeing of Cardinia Shire residents and align to the priorities of the Municipal Public Health and Wellbeing Plan
- support equitable access and inclusion
- address an unmet need (and provide evidence of this need)
- clearly identify beneficiaries
- clearly state objectives with measurable outcomes; and
- address how the application fits within the scope of the grant category.
Multiple applications may be considered if this grants program is undersubscribed in any given year, however all applications must meet the funding criteria and be assessed as eligible.
Quotes and evidence
Applicants must provide evidence of the grant amount requested. This includes copies of quotes or evidence of cost justifications for the grant application.
Application and assessment process
- Applications will be assessed by a multidisciplinary panel of Council staff.
- Applications must align with key priorities of the Liveability Plan.
- Applications that do not provide sufficient documentation (copies of quotes or cost justifications) will not be considered. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- All successful applications will be presented at Council, and successful applicants notified via email shortly afterwards.
Funding acknowledgment required
All grants recipients must:
- acknowledge Council as a funding provider in any promotion or publication relating to the project or initiative
- provide an evaluation and acquittal within 2 months of the project being completed.
If you wish to query a grants assessment please send a written request for clarification by post or email:
Community Strengthening Unit
Cardinia Shire Council
PO Box 7
Pakenham VIC 3810
All requests will receive due consideration and a written response will be provided.