Apply for an arts and culture grant
Grant applications now open
Applications are now open and close Monday 5 November 2018.
About arts and culture grants
Artists and arts groups can apply for a grant of up to $2000 for initiatives that use, expand and promote the arts in Cardinia Shire.
Get help with your application
An officer will be available to discuss your project and its eligibility for the grant and help you write your application at the Cardinia Shire Council, 20 Sliding Ave, Pakenham on Monday 29 October from 10am–3pm.
- be an artist living in or arts group based within Cardinia Shire
- possess sufficient resources to contribute to and deliver the project
- be focused on growing arts and cultural engagement in Cardinia Shire
- have the people and resources to deliver the project – including suitably experienced artists/arts workers.
Successful projects will:
- align with our arts and cultural policy objectives
- utilise the arts (any medium) as the primary focus
- have demonstrated local community and/or industry support
- be a feasible proposal and financially viable
- add value and promote growth in the artist or local arts/cultural sector and creative industry
- provide adequate project planning and risk management
- encourage community participation and accessibility
- have some level of community outcome
- commit to the utilisation of local artists, arts groups, and cultural services where possible.
Priority will be given to new projects. Projects that have been previously funded may be reconsidered after three or four years, providing there is a demonstrated change in membership of the group or change in the targeted audience.
We will not fund:
- projects which require recurrent funding
- projects which receive funding from other Council grants/funding programs
- professional development for individual artists
- projects or programs, which are the responsibility of Victorian or Australian governments
- projects that require retrospective funding
- initiatives that may have a significant negative impact on existing artists, arts / cultural groups, creative industry or similar initiatives
- general administration costs, routine or cyclical maintenance
- cash prizes or commercial gifts
- any proposals deemed not to comply with the overall intent of the program.
Projects will be assessed by Council officers, with approval to be provided by the our CEO. The CEO’s determination will be the final decision on all funding grants and reserves the ultimate right of approval and refusal.
All Arts, Culture and Small Change Grants will be funded on a matched funding basis: $1 from Council and $1 from the applicant to a maximum grant of $2000. Grants will be provided on a one off basis.
In determining the final grant amount, the applicant’s matching contribution, including in-kind support, will be taken into account. In-kind support may include donations of goods, services and labour. Labour should be calculated on the basis of $33 per hour.
The total pool of funds for distribution is $6,000.
Successful applicants will be required to enter into an agreement with Council. This agreement will outline the conditions of the grant.
Successful applicants will be required to report to us on the outcomes of the project and acquittal of funds (that is, accounts for how the funds were spent).