Apply for an arts and culture grant
About the Cardinia Arts Response Grants 2020
- Artists and arts groups can apply for a grant of $2,500 for new initiatives that utilise, expand and promote the arts in Cardinia Shire.
- Grants applications are now open and close on Monday 18 May 2020, 5pm.
- If you are considering applying, it is recommended that you contact Council’s Arts team to discuss the application. Assistance with the completion of the application form is also available.
The Cardinia Arts Response Grants provides financial assistance to local artists, for new initiatives that utilise, expand and promote the arts within Cardinia Shire. Recognising the impact of COVID-19 on the arts locally, Cardinia Shire Council is offering this grant program opportunity encouraging artists to continue to connect their artistic practice with local communities in new ways at this challenging time.
The Cardinia Arts Response Grants aim to:
- support new ideas and high-quality initiatives that contribute to the development and promotion of the local arts and cultural sector;
- support the development of creative enterprises and individual arts practice;
- provide greater opportunities for community participation and/or experience of the arts at this time of social distancing; and
- foster partnerships and collaborations between local artists, local residents and local community groups.
- be an artist living within Cardinia Shire, aged 18 years or above;
- be focused on growing arts and cultural engagement in Cardinia Shire especially mindful of current social distancing regulations;
- have the time and ability to deliver the project successfully – including demonstrated experience in a specific artform or artforms;
- have a current Working with Children Check or acquire one prior to signing funding agreement with Council; and
- provide public liability insurance to the value of $20 million.
Successful projects will:
- demonstrate innovation in form and/or content;
- demonstrate a need at this particular time for the proposed project;
- demonstrate connection with local community either during the project development or for the project outcome; and
- demonstrate responsiveness to the COVID-19 pandemic (i.e. does the project enhance local community involvement in the arts during this time?).
Additionally, applicants/projects will need to:
- be a feasible proposal and financially viable;
- provide adequate project planning and risk management;
- encourage community accessibility especially mindful of current social distancing requirements;
- be well documented (e.g., an actual work or photos/video and artist statement) which is available at the completion of the project for Council to promote; and
- align with Council’s arts and cultural policy objectives.
We will not fund:
- projects which require recurrent funding;
- projects which receive funding from other Council grants / funding programs;
- professional development for individual artists;
- projects that require retrospective funding;
- general administration costs, routine or cyclical maintenance;
- cash prizes or commercial gifts; and
- any proposals deemed not to comply with the overall intent of the program.
Ten (10) grants of $2,500 (GST inclusive as applicable) will be provided on a one-off basis to each artist that is successful in their application.
Please note that Council generally receives more applications for financial assistance than funds available, therefore not all applications can be supported. Priority will be given to new projects, and applications from diverse communities are encouraged. Artists from all career stages are welcome to apply. Applicants are also welcome to demonstrate partnership with other artists e.g. local, interstate and/or international.
Funding decisions are at the discretion of Cardinia Shire Council. Fulfilling the assessment criteria does not guarantee funding.
Please also note, Cardinia Shire Council makes grants available from a number of programs. Applicants may apply for a grant from more than one program, but can only accept one grant per project.
To discuss your application, please contact our Arts team at email@example.com or phone our Arts Project Officers:
Fatima Almeida - 03 5943 4603 (Mon-Thur)
Dave Thomson - 03 5943 4604 (Mon, Wed-Fri)