Hard and bundled green waste information
Your next hard and bundled green waste collection is
When to leave your items out
Hard and bundled green waste must be left out on the nature strip by 6am on the Monday of the start of your collection week. Waste left out late will not be collected.
What you need to do
- Check your collection week before putting waste out. You can do this using the tool above.
- Check which items are accepted and not accepted. Unacceptable items will not be collected and must be returned to the property promptly.
- Check the size of your pile. Waste must not be over 2 cubic metres, longer than 1.5 metres and must not be too heavy for two people to safely carry.
- Stack items in 5 piles:
- General waste
- E-waste (any items with a plug, battery or cord at the end of its useful life)
- Scrap metal and couches
- Green waste (bundled)
These will be collected by different vehicles at different times during the collection week.
What we collect
Up to 2 cubic metres of:
- hot water systems
- household items
- mattresses and bed bases
- mirrors or glass (securely wrapped and labelled)
- old tools
- paint tins (empty and lids off)
- scrap metal
- small car parts (no springs and less than 50 kiliograms)
- timber (no more than 12 pieces, no longer than 1.5 metres, neatly stacked)
- tree branches (must be tied up or ‘bundled’ with string and be less than 1.5 metres long and 15 centimetres wide)
- whitegoods (remove fridge and freezer doors for safety), TVs and computers.
What we do not collect
- asbestos sheeting
- barbed wire
- building or renovation materials
- car bodies, springs and engine blocks
- cement/concrete sheets
- chemicals and their containers
- bags of regular household rubbish (place these in your garbage bin)
- fence panels
- fencing wire
- fire extinguishers
- gas bottles
- glass that is unwrapped or broken
- green waste in plastic bags, or that isn’t tied up (bundled)
- LPG cylinders
- paint and liquids
- soil, rubble and bricks
- tree stumps or roots over 30kgs
- water tanks (either whole or cut up)
Go to the Planet Ark Recycling Near You website to find out how you can either recycle or dispose of these items, or visit our Recycling or disposing of miscellaneous items web page
Book an extra bundled green waste collection
You can leave out up to 2 cubic metres of materials for the hard and bundled green waste collection.
If you want to get rid of extra bundled green waste above this amount, you can book to get an extra 3 cubic metres of bundled green waste collected for $60. Please book at least 2 weeks before your hard and bundled green waste collection week.
To book call us on 1300 787 624
Other ways to dispose of hard waste
Sell it or give it away
- Hold a garage sale – you could host a sale as part of the Garage Sale Trail
- List items on a buy swap and sell group on Facebook, such as Pakenham Buy Swap Sell
- Offload items on sites such as eBay, Gumtree or Freecycle
- Donate it to a local charity – find op shops around your area. Some charities will even pick up items for free if they are good quality, such as Diabetes Victoria
You can put pots and pans and plastic toys into your recycling bin