Community Capital Works Grants Program
- The 2022-2023 grant round has now closed.
- The 2023-2024 grant round will open in January 2023
The Community Capital Works Grants Program assists community groups to upgrade community and recreational facilities that are used to strengthen local community networks and support community wellbeing. Improvements to facilities funded through this program should complement the Council Plan and seek to boost people’s participation and involvement in their local communities.
Community capital works grants (Category 1)
Maximum: $20,000 per project.
- All funded works will be coordinated and delivered by Council. Committees/clubs do not need to undertake any of the works themselves.
- The community group is not required to provide matched funding.
Community capital works partnership grants (Category 2)
- Grants of up to $35,000 are available for community and recreational facility upgrade works that fall into one of 3 priority areas.
- Community groups manage the works with guidance from Council.
- Community groups must provide a matched funding amount based on their annual income.
Major equipment grants (Category 3)
- Grants of up to $20,000 are available to go towards major equipment purchases that fall into one of 3 priority areas.
- Equipment purchases are used to help maintain sporting grounds, outer grounds or large internal areas.
- Community groups must provide dollar-for-dollar matched funding.
Program Guidelines and Policy
This information pack includes the grant program guidelines and policy.