Green waste drop-off days
At our free green waste drop-off days you can drop off residential amounts of green waste.
You do not need to book or register.
Who can use this service
- Cardinia Shire residents can use this free service.
- Commercial business operators cannot use the service.
- Green waste can only be delivered from residential vehicles and trailers.
There are currently no events scheduled.
Please check back on this page (and our Cardinia Shire Council Facebook page) to find out when we schedule more.
What you need to bring on the day
Photo ID with your home address in Cardinia Shire.
What you can drop off
Residential amounts of garden waste, including:
- garden prunings
- grass clippings
- tree branches and trunks up to 30 centimetres wide and 1 metre long
What you can't drop off
- Rocks, stones, soil or potting mix
- Building and renovation waste (such as timber and fence palings)
- Commercial quantities of green waste
- Treated timber
- Green waste in a bag
- Manure and animal waste
- General household rubbish or recyclables
- Plant pots
- Medical syringes
- Clothes and shoes
- Hessian or plastic bags
- Hazardous waste or chemicals.
What happens to the green waste
The green waste will be shredded and taken to a composting facility. It will then be broken down and turned into high-quality soil conditioner to help grow food and gardens in Victoria.