In Cardinia Shire we want walking and cycling for transport to be safe, enjoyable, accessible and linked.
- social connection
- reduces financial hardship
- enhances the health of people and the environment
Download the Liveability Plan active travel domain factsheet 2021
To increase walking and cycling for transport
We will do this by:
- planning pedestrian and cycling routes that link education, employment and residential areas with public transport and community spaces
- providing safe, accessible and enjoyable walking and cycling infrastructure
- enhancing the amenity, safety and natural environment along active travel routes
- encouraging and supporting residents to use active travel to school, work and events.