In Cardinia Shire we want walking and cycling for transport to be safe, enjoyable, accessible and linked. This promotes social connection, reduces financial hardship and enhances the health of people and the environment.
To increase walking and cycling for transport
We will do this by:
- planning pedestrian and cycling routes that link education, employment and residential areas with public transport and community spaces.
- providing safe, accessible and enjoyable walking and cycling infrastructure.
- enhancing the amenity, safety and natural environment along active travel routes.
- encouraging and supporting residents to use active travel to school, work and events.
Our current initiatives
- Walk to School
- Stop and drop zones
- Mobile March
- Hire bikes
- Footpath improvement program
- Installing speed zones
- Supervised crossings