Getting kids active
Coronavirus COVID-19 update
The bike trailer is currently not available for hire due to Coronavirus (COVID-19) regulations.
We have a number of initiatives designed to increase physical activity levels of primary school-aged children.
Stop and drop zones
- Stop and Drop zones are a signposted location, up to 1 kilometre away from the school's entrance, where parents are encouraged to park and then walk, ride, scoot or skate with their children to school.
- We suggest students leave the zone by 8.30am to get to school on time. The zones help to increase children’s physical activity and ease school traffic congestion.
- Students from schools around Cardinia Shire are encouraged to get to school in an active way (walk, ride, scoot or skate) every year during the month of March.
- The most active school during Mobile March is awarded the annual Mobile March trophy.
For more information, or to register your school to participate, contact our Healthy Children’s Facilitator on 1300 787 624 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our bike trailer is available for schools and community groups to hire.
- It has bikes, helmets and safety vests for 10 people, plus road signs.
Walk to school
Each October, we work with local primary schools to coordinate Walk to School. Each year, all primary schools in Cardinia Shire are invited to hold activities encouraging students to walk, ride, scoot or skate to school.
Proudly supported by Cardinia Shire Council since 2010, the VicHealth campaign aims to help Victorian kids increase their daily physical activity to improve their health.
Active Travel videos
Watch our Get Active Cardinia Active Travel to School video series below, featuring students, teachers and parents from primary schools across Cardia Shire.