Improving mental health and wellbeing
Good mental health is more than just the absence of mental illness.
A positive state of mental health and wellbeing is about:
- feeling good
- being able to cope with life’s stressors
- an ability to work productively
- realising individual potential and an ability to contribute to family and community life.
What we're doing
- Implementing a range of programs and workshops for young people that build resilience and positive mental health.
- Advocating for more mental health services in Cardinia Shire through Services for Success
- Facilitating the Cardinia Shire Mental Health Alliance
- Supporting Mental Health Month events and promoting R U OK? Day to the community through Council's social media channels.
- Lifeline Australia – 13 11 14
- Kids Helpline – 1800 551 800
- headspace – youth mental health support
- Beyond Blue – 1300 224 636
- MensLine Australia – 1300 789 978
- Suicide Call Back Service - 1300 659 467
- Veterans and Veterans’ Families Counselling Service– 1800 011 046
- Black Dog Institute – (02) 9382 4530
- Heads up – (better mental health in the workplace)