Speed limit changes on local roads
This page has information about speed limit changes on local roads in Cardinia Shire.
- Council determines speed zones on local roads in Cardinia Shire, in accordance with the VicRoads Speed Zoning Guidelines. We work closely with VicRoads and Victoria Police when reviewing speed zones.
- Reviews take place in response to incidents on roads, reports from community members or changes in how people use an area.
- Once a speed zone change is put in place, we watch the impact of the change for 3 to 6 months to see if we need to take further action.
Speed limit change - Cardinia Road, Officer South
- The speed limit on Cardinia Road will reduce from 100 kilometres per hour to 80 kilometres per hour.
- Where: This change applies from 200 metres south of Centenary Boulevard, Officer South to 200 metres north of Ballarto Road, Cardinia.
- When: This speed limit change will take effect from Tuesday 18 May 2021.
Reason for the change
- Due to the recent increase in fatalities on Koo Wee Rup Road, Pakenham, the speed limit along Koo Wee Rup Road is being reduced from 90km/h to 80km/h.
- To maintain a consistent area-wide speed environment in accordance with State Speed Zone Guidelines, and to prevent high traffic volumes and potential crashes shifting to Cardinia Road, the speed limit will also be reduced to 80km/h on Cardinia Road.