- In Cardinia Shire we want all residents to have access to a variety of education and training opportunities close to home.
- Modern and contemporary learning environments will support quality education, continuous learning, enhanced employment opportunities, social connection and better health outcomes.
Increase participation in local education
We will do this by:
- planning for education and training facilities which meet the diverse needs of a growing population.
- advocating for and facilitating improved access and opportunities for continuous learning.
- supporting early childhood education centres and schools to be healthy places for children and young people to learn.
- promoting learning through nature, arts and cultural experiences.
Our current initiatives
- Kindergarten programs
- Building new schools
- Health promoting schools and early learning centres
- Support for our community
- University of the Third Age
- Neighbourhood houses and community centres