Bin collection days and putting your bins out
Coronavirus COVID-19 update: Earlier bin collection times
- Bin collection continues as normal, but bins may be collected a little earlier in the day than usual. This is to allow our contractor to stagger employee start times.
- As always, please put your bins out the night before to ensure they are out in plenty of time to be collected.
- Bins collection days have not changed.
Check your bin collection days
To see your next bin collection days, start typing your street address below and wait for it to appear in the drop-down field.
How to put out your bins
- Place bins out the night before your collection day.
- Bins should be returned to your property within 24 hours after collection.
- Place bins near the kerb with handles away from the road.
- Leave 50cm between bins and other obstacles.
- Bins must not weigh over 70kg each.
- Do not over fill bins - lid must be able to be closed.
If your property is in a court:
- Please place bins on the straight section - not in the bowl or 'T'
- Do not park vehicles in court bowl or 'T' on collection day this prevents waste vehicles from being able to turn and can disrupt collection.
Holidays and code red days
- Bins will still be collected on public holidays.
- On Code Red fire days, bins will not be collected in bushfire-prone areas, such as the Hills. However you should still put your bins out on collection day and they will be picked up as soon as possible afterwards.
- On Extreme Fire Danger days, bins may be collected earlier than usual.