Bin collection days and putting your bins out
IMPORTANT: About bin collection during COVID-19
For more information visit Changes to Council services
Check your bin collection days
- We pick up rubbish and recycling from your property on scheduled collection days. An optional fortnightly green waste collection is also available for an annual fee.
- To see your next bin collection days, start typing your street address below and wait for it to appear in the drop-down field.
When and how to put your bins out
Place bins out the night before your collection day
- Bins should be returned to your property within 24 hours after collection.
- Avoid placing bins behind cars and parking in front of bins. If you need to, you can place your bin in your driveway for collection.
- Place bins near the kerb with handles away from the road.
- Leave 50 centimetres between each bin, and between bins and other objects.
- Each bin must not weigh over 70 kilograms. .
- Do not over fill bins - lid must be able to be closed. Overflowing bins create litter, which can cause contamination. You can squash bulky items such as boxes and containers so you can fit more in your bin.
You must be able to close the lid of your bin.
If your property is in a court
- Please place bins on the straight section - not in the bowl or 'T'
- Do not park vehicles in court bowl or 'T' on collection day this prevents waste vehicles from being able to turn and can disrupt collection.
Public holidays and highest fire danger days
Bins will be collected as normal.
Code Red Fire Danger days
Still put your bins out for collection as normal. On Code Red fire days (the highest fire danger category), bins won't be collected from bushfire-prone areas such as the Hills, but they'll be collected in the following days - possibly even on weekends.
Extreme Fire Danger days
Bins may be collected earlier than usual.
Report a missed bin collection
- Please wait until after 4pm on your collection day before reporting, unless your neighbours' bins on each side have been emptied already.
- After reporting to Council please leave your full bin out on the kerb.
- Missed bins need to be reported to Council within 48 hours of the collection day.