School programs on sustainability and the environment
- This page has information on environmental and sustainability programs and resources for schools and early learning centres in Cardinia Shire.
- It includes a number of free and paid incursions and excursions, programs and lesson plans.
Free incursions and excursions
- Contracted by Council, Envirocom provide interactive sessions that address the impact of waste on the environment.
- Topics include waste minimisation, recycling, compost, and worm farms.
- Available for early learning centres and primary schools in Cardinia Shire. High school presentations may be available on request.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information and availability. Limited sessions available.
- Ecolinc is a Victorian Government science excellence centre that runs environmental science excursions to Deep Creek Reserve in Pakenham.
- Topics include frogs, native plants, and wetlands. Online sessions also available.
- Available for primary schools at the Deep Creek Reserve Pakenham. A wide range of environmental science excursions for year F-12 are also available at Ecolinc’s Bacchus Marsh site.
- Schools can book on the Ecolinc website
Animals of Oz incursion
- Backyard biodiversity session about native animals, plants and our suburban backyards. Includes interaction with native animals, followed by planting native species in the kindergarten grounds.
- Available for early learning centres in Cardinia Shire.
- Visit Animals of Oz website to register interest. Limited number of free incursions available each year.
Paid incursions and excursions
Visit these websites for more information.
A free, award-winning program offered by Sustainability Victoria to help schools embed sustainable practices, saving resources and money for the school.
More info: Sustainability Victoria
Clean up Australia
- Inspiring students to learn about the impact of rubbish on their local environment while playing an active role in the community.
- Offers free resources including gloves and bags for litter collection clean-up events.
- Council can assist by disposing of litter you collect. Email the Waste Team at email@example.com at least 2 weeks before your clean up event.
More info and to register your event: Clean up Australia
- Schools and kindergartens can become collection points for items that are usually not recyclable or are hard to recycle.
- A range of free collections are available, and some will reward sites for their efforts.
More info: Terracycle
A range of programs and resources, including printer cartridge recycling, Schools Tree Day and National Recycling Week.
More info: Planet Ark