Your next recycling bin date is:
Your recycling bin (with the yellow lid) is collected every 2 weeks.
Your recycling bin has a yellow lid
The recycling bin has a yellow lid and is collected every 2 weeks.
What can go in your bin - and some recycling bin rules
To check what you can (and can't) put in your recycling bin visit What you can put in your bins
- Only put acceptable items in your recycling bin (see the list below.) If you put items that aren't accepted in your bin, it may not be collected.
- Empty and rinse items before they go in your recycling bin.
- Don't put your recycling in a bag - items must be placed loose in your recycling bin.
- Squash bulky containers and flatten boxes to make more room in your bin.
Information about our current recycling processing arrangement
- Council has entered into a short-term arrangement with recycling processor, Polytrade Recycling, to accept and process our kerbside recycling.
- As of 11 November 2019, ALL recyclables collected are being processed by Polytrade. This follows Polytrade upgrading its facilities so it can accept a greater quantity of recyclables.
- No Victorian recycling processor, including Polytrade can accept soft plastics as part of their kerbside recycling service. Please take your soft plastics to a participating supermarkets to be recycled through the REDcycle program or place in your kerbside rubbish bin.
- Council is working with the Metropolitan Waste and Resource Recovery Group (MWRRG) and 60 other Victorian councils on a group contract for recycling services. By working together, larger contracts can encourage investment in recycling infrastructure and technology, and attract new candidates to the Victorian recycling sector.