Your next recycling bin date is:
Your recycling bin (with the yellow lid) is collected every 2 weeks.
All recyclables collected now being processed
- Council has entered into a short-term arrangement with recycling processor, Polytrade Recycling, to accept and process our kerbside recycling.
- As of 11 November 2019, ALL recyclables collected are being processed by Polytrade. This follows Polytrade upgrading its facilities so it can accept a greater quantity of recyclables.
- Polytrade does not accept plastic bags or soft plastics. Please take these to supermarkets to be recycled through the REDcycle program. You can check if other items are acceptable at our A to Z waste and recycling guide.
- Council is working with the Metropolitan Waste and Resource Recovery Group (MWRRG) and 60 other Victorian councils on a group contract for recycling services. By working together, larger contracts can encourage investment in recycling infrastructure and technology, and attract new candidates to the Victorian recycling sector.
Please continue to put all accepted items in your recycling bin and put your recycling bin out for collection on the normal day.
Which one is my recycling bin?
Your recycling bin has a yellow lid and is collected every 2 weeks.
Put these items in your recycling bin
- Cans (aluminum and steel) – including aerosols.
- Cardboard – including milk and juice cartons, pizza boxes (remove any leftover food).
- Foil and foil trays. (Save up small pieces of foil then scrunch them into a ball that's golf-ball sized or larger).
- Glass bottles and jars.
- Hard plastics - including plastic bottles (screw bottle tops on to the bottle), containers, trays and tupperware.
- Pots and pans.
- Paper – including books, magazines and envelopes.
Note: Soft plastics (including plastic bags, wrappers and bread bags) can no longer be placed in your recycling bin as our new recycling processor Polytrade is unable to process them. Take your soft plastics to Coles or Woolworths supermarkets to be recycled through the REDcycle program
Don't put these items in your recycling bin
- Building and renovation waste
- Clothing, shoes and fabric
- E-waste (any item with a plug, battery or cord at the end of its life)
- Food scraps and leftovers
- Household chemicals
- Mirrors and window glass
- Plastic bags and soft, flexible plastic packaging
- Scrap metal e.g. car parts
- Soft plastic bags.
Check our A to Z guide for disposal options for these items.
Recycling do's and don'ts
- Put the right items in your recycling bin otherwise it may not be collected.
- Empty items before they go in the bin but don’t worry too much about rinsing them first.
- Squash bulky containers down. Lids can be recycled too; just screw them on to their containers.
- Don't place items for recycling in a garbage or plastic bag.