Maternal and Child Health (MCH)
About the MCH service
Our free Maternal and Child Health (MCH) service provides Cardinia Shire residents with:
- 10 health and development check-ups for a chilld (between birth and 3 and a half years) and their parent
- parenting information and advice
- health and wellbeing advice for parents
- group programs
- additional services for other early-parenting issues, including referral services and support groups.
Make or change an appointment
Visits to MCH centres are by appointment only.
To book or change an MCH appointment call our team on 5943 4250 between 9am and 4pm weekdays.
MCH centre locations and opening hours
For info go to the Locations and opening hours page
Your 10 MCH visits
An MCH nurse will contact you soon after the birth of your baby to arrange your first MCH visit at your home. We will pre-book your first 4 centre visits up to 4 months. Future appointments will then be arranged by your nurse at each visit or you can call us to make a booking.
- Home visit (newborn)
- 2 weeks
- 4 weeks
- 8 weeks
- 4 months
- 8 months
- 12 months
- 18 months
- 2 years
- 3 and a half years
For information on what happens at each visit go to the Victorian Government's Maternal and Child Health service visits page
After hours advice
Your child's information
- Your child will have their own electronic child health record on the Child Development Information System (CDIS).
- The CDIS is a statewide program. It allows your child's MCH information to be accessed at any MCH centre across Victoria.
- Your MCH nurse will talk to you about CDIS and give you a fact sheet at your first visit.