Additional Maternal and Child Health services
- Our Maternal and Child Health (MCH) team offers additional services for parents having early parenting difficulties, including breastfeeding advice and support groups.
- We can also refer you to a range of health professionals and services to suit your needs.
For significant early parenting difficulties
- The Enhanced MCH service is available for parents who are having significant early parenting difficulties.
- Our workers can visit families at home, or another location, to offer support.
- Referrals are made through the MCH nurse at your local centre
Breastfeeding support service
- If you are having difficulty with breastfeeding, our qualified lactation consultants can assist you.
- The service operates one day a week, by appointment only.
- To find out more about the service or to book an appointment, speak with your MCH nurse.
Information and support groups
Your MCH nurse can provide a referral to groups including:
- new parents
- young mums
- supported playgroups