Additional Maternal and Child Health services
- Our Maternal and Child Health (MCH) team offers additional services for parents having significant early parenting difficulties, as well as breastfeeding advice, sleep and settling guidance and support groups.
- We can also refer you to a range of health professionals suited to your needs.
For significant early parenting difficulties
- The Enhanced MCH service is available for parents who are having significant early parenting difficulties.
- Our workers can visit families at home, or another location, to offer support.
- Referrals to the Enhanced program are made through the MCH nurse at your local centre
Information and support groups
Your MCH nurse can provide a referral to support groups including:
- new parents
- young mums
- sleep and settling
- supported playgroups