Additional Maternal and Child Health services
Coronavirus COVID-19 update: Maternal and child health services
- Our Maternal and Child Health centres are closed until further notice.
- A booked, over-the-phone MCH consultation service will continue from 8.30am to 5pm
- Phone consultations can be booked by calling 5943 4250 for infants 4 months old and under
- Home visits will be delivered only to families of newborn babies and babies aged up to 2 weeks.
- Home visits will be limited to 15 minutes in duration, and we ask that only mother/primary carer and baby are in the room during the visit to minimise unnecessary interaction.
- MCH nurses will liberally use hand sanitiser before and after each home visit to help prevent spread of the virus.
- All clients with current MCH bookings will be contacted and advised of the above changes.
- Our Maternal and Child Health (MCH) team offers additional services for parents having early parenting difficulties, including breastfeeding advice and support groups.
- We can also refer you to a range of health professionals and services to suit your needs.
For significant early parenting difficulties
- The Enhanced MCH service is available for parents who are having significant early parenting difficulties.
- Our workers can visit families at home, or another location, to offer support.
- Referrals are made through the MCH nurse at your local centre.
Breastfeeding support service
Qualified Lactation Consultants assess, assist and guide parents having difficulties with breastfeeding. The clinic operates 1 day a week, by appointment only.
Speak with your MCH Nurse or call 5943 4250 to book an appointment or with any questions about the service.
Information and support groups
Your MCH nurse can provide a referral to groups including:
- new parents
- WonderMUMS and WonderFUN
- Mother Goose
- cultural diversity
- welcome to Cardinia Shire
- Supported playgroups