Additional Maternal and Child Health services
Coronavirus COVID-19 update: Maternal and child health services
- A booked, over-the-phone MCH consultation service is running on weekdays from 9am, with the last appointment each day at 3.30pm. To book call 5943 4250
- Our Maternal and Child Health centres are gradually reopening, in line with government COVID-19 regulations. More centres will continue to reopen over the coming weeks. Appointments in centres are being prioritised for families with the youngest babies, and for those with older babies and toddlers with issues of concern. To request an appointment call 5943 4250
- As always, we are doing home visits to families with newborn babies.
- Home visits and centre appointments will be limited to 15 minutes in duration, and we ask that only mother/primary carer and baby are in the room during the visit/centre appointment to minimise unnecessary interaction.
- MCH nurses will use hand sanitiser and recommended infection control procedures before, during and after each home visit and centre appointment to help prevent spread of the virus.
- Our Maternal and Child Health (MCH) team offers additional services for parents having early parenting difficulties, including breastfeeding advice and support groups.
- We can also refer you to a range of health professionals and services to suit your needs.
For significant early parenting difficulties
- The Enhanced MCH service is available for parents who are having significant early parenting difficulties.
- Our workers can visit families at home, or another location, to offer support.
- Referrals are made through the MCH nurse at your local centre.
Breastfeeding support service
Qualified Lactation Consultants assess, assist and guide parents having difficulties with breastfeeding. The clinic operates 1 day a week, by appointment only.
Speak with your MCH Nurse or call 5943 4250 to book an appointment or with any questions about the service.
Information and support groups
Your MCH nurse can provide a referral to groups including:
- new parents
- WonderMUMS and WonderFUN
- Mother Goose
- cultural diversity
- welcome to Cardinia Shire
- Supported playgroups