Additional Maternal and Child Health services
IMPORTANT: Changes to Maternal and Child Health (MCH) services due to COVID-19 restrictions
Our services have had to temporarily change due to COVID-19 restrictions. For information go to Changes to Council services.
- Our Maternal and Child Health (MCH) team offers additional services for parents having early parenting difficulties, including breastfeeding advice and support groups.
- We can also refer you to a range of health professionals and services to suit your needs.
For significant early parenting difficulties
- The Enhanced MCH service is available for parents who are having significant early parenting difficulties.
- Our workers can visit families at home, or another location, to offer support.
- Referrals are made through the MCH nurse at your local centre.
Breastfeeding support service
Qualified Lactation Consultants assess, assist and guide parents having difficulties with breastfeeding. The clinic operates 1 day a week, by appointment only.
Speak with your MCH Nurse or call 5943 4250 to book an appointment or with any questions about the service.
Information and support groups
Your MCH nurse can provide a referral to groups including:
- new parents
- WonderMUMS and WonderFUN
- Mother Goose
- cultural diversity
- welcome to Cardinia Shire
- Supported playgroups