Youth support service
Our youth workers provide information, referrals and support to young people aged 12 – 24 years, who live, work, study or play in Cardinia Shire.
- Our team is on site Monday to Friday from 1pm to 5pm at My Place Youth Centre (5–7 Main Street, Pakenham).
- Young people, parents and professionals/educators who work with young people are invited to call (18004YOUTH) or pop into the centre during these times.
Issues you can seek support for via this service
Our team can help young people to:
- access social, life skills and support groups in the local area
- make referrals to specialised support services where needed, including drug and alcohol, Centrelink, legal matters, mental health, employment and training, and housing.
Our youth services officers are also available at My Place during opening hours to directly support young people with problems including:
- family conflict/friendship issues
- life, school, or work stresses
- building resilience and coping with difficult situations
- sexuality/gender identity.
My Place Youth Centre has a variety of games, electronics, computers, and snacks available for young people seeking a fun, safe and inclusive space to hang out.
Contact My Place Youth Centre 1800 496 884 or firstname.lastname@example.org to request support, or for any questions you have.