Youth support service
Our youth workers provide information, referrals and support to young people aged 12 – 24 years, who live, work, study or play in Cardinia Shire.
Youth Workers are onsite each day at My Place Youth Facility. Monday to Friday from 1pm to 5pm at My Place Youth Centre (5–7 Main Street, Pakenham).
Young people, parents and professionals/educators who work with young people are invited to call (18004YOUTH) or pop into My Place Youth Facility during these times.
Issues you can seek support for via this service
Our qualified Youth Services Officers can assist young people with:
- accessing local social, life-skill, and support groups
- referrals to specialised support services when needed. This may include drug and alcohol, Centrelink, legal matters, mental health, employment and training, or housing.
Youth Services Officers are also available to directly support young people who might be experiencing:
- family conflict/friendship issues
- life, school, or work stresses
- building resilience and coping with difficult situations
My Place Youth Facility has a variety of games, electronics, computers, and snacks available for any young people who are seeking a fun, safe, and inclusive space to hang out.
Contact My Place Youth Centre 1800 496 884 or email@example.com to request support, or for any questions you have.