My Place youth centre
IMPORTANT: Changes to Youth Services due to COVID-19 restrictions
For information go to Changes to Council services
About the facility
My Place is a facility for young people aged 12 to 24.
- 8 computers with free internet access for young people during opening hours (1pm to 5.00pm).
- Information and advice about health and wellbeing, education and training, drugs and alcohol and more for young people, parents and professionals.
- specialised support services and education programs.
Our location and contact details
5-7 Main Street, Pakenham
Services at MyPlace
Services that usually operate at My Place may be doing so in a reduced capacity or providing services online. For more information contact My Place on 1800 496 884 or view the Youth Services Directory.
- headspace – Mental health and wellbeing, couselling or family support for young people aged 12-24 years). Youth-friendly Intake Worker is available on Tuesdays.
- Monash Health Community Youth and Family team – Confidential counselling service for young people aged 12-25 years.
- Oakwood School – Provides learning opportunities for students (10–18 years) who have disengaged from school or where mainstream schooling does not meet their needs.
- South Eastern Centre Against Sexual Assault – 24-hour crisis response and support services.
- Taskforce - Youth outreach for young people and families with complex support needs (10-24 years). Skills First Reconnect provides participants (17 years and over) with support in further education, training and employment.
- WAYSS - Provides housing support for young people. Intake worker available upon request.
- Centrelink - can help you access information, payments and services if you are having a difficult time accessing mainstream department services.
- Australian College of Higher Education a program that focuses on improving your literacy and numeracy skills with employment focused training and a Coach to provide one on one support individually and/or in small group sessions.
Rooms at My Place can be hired for youth-focused meetings, services or programs.