VicHealth Local Government Partnership
Cardinia Shire Council has partnered with VicHealth on a three-year project to connect local young people aged 12-25 with jobs in the local agricultural and related sectors.
The project - Futureproofing Farming - supports a number of Cardinia Shire's priorities, particularly:
- increasing employment of local people into local jobs, particularly in the agricultural sector
- supporting our farmers and agricultural industry to adapt to the changing economy and climate, through a new workforce trained in contemporary farming and regenerative agriculture
- enhancing food literacy of young people and their families
- supporting the development of local policies to enhance health, social and economic environments
- identifying innovative ways to value-add to the region's primary production
- encouraging the procurement and consumption of local food
What will we be doing?
Futureproofing Farming will be delivered over three years, with actions shaped by young people and the agricultural and education sectors in a range of workshops being planned for late 2023.
How can I get involved?
If you would like to get involved, please contact Council's Liveable Communities team at email@example.com
Where can I learn more?
See Cardinia Shire’s Liveability Plan 2017-2029 and Community Food Strategy 2018-2026
For further background
To learn more about the partnership with VicHealth visit the VicHealth website.