Building in a flood prone area

View our Flood prone area map showing areas prone to flooding in Cardinia Shire.

If you are building in a flood prone area, you will need to apply for a 'Land liable to flooding' permit (previously Regulation 802) which will provide guidelines to ensure your home is better protected from flood. 

Apply for land liable to flooding permit online 

Download a land liable to flooding permit form

2018-19 fee 

$283.40 (no GST). 

You can pay using the online form. 

For flood guides for the Cardinia Shire region go to the SES website.

Hard copies of the Pakenham and Koo Wee Rup guides are available from our Civic Centre at 20 Siding Avenue, Officer.

If you want to get sandbags to protect your property, contact the SES on 132 500